You may not know this, but a single air duct cleaning can remove up to six pounds of dust and debris from your ductwork. Imagine that six pounds of junk circulating through your home every day—and you breathing it all in.
At KC’s 23 ½ Hour Plumbing & Air Conditioning, we’re committed to keeping you and your family safe and healthy. One way we do that is with our air duct cleaning service. If you’ve never had professional air duct cleaning before, contact us to schedule an appointment and find out how much easier everyone in the house will breathe and how much better you’ll feel with clean air.
When your furnace is failing, call on us for expert furnace installation.
Common Issues Related to Air Ducts
- Leaks: A major issue with air ducts is that they can develop leaks over time. These leaks can slow down airflow and even cause higher energy bills.
- Blockages: Blockage of ducts can occur due to dirt, dust, pet hair, etc. This can decrease and limit the airflow and create health issues such as asthma, allergies, and other respiratory problems.
- Mold Growth: Excess moisture trapped in the air ducts can cause mold growth, which can cause health problems and create an odor in the air.
- Loose or Detached Connections: If air ducts weren’t correctly connected initially or have become loose over time, this can cause the airflow to be disrupted and create energy inefficiencies.
- Poor Design: Poorly designed ventilation system ducts can create unnecessary airflow resistance and decrease air pressure. This can cause insufficient air flow and higher energy bills.
- Allergy Attacks and Health Problems: When you have dirty air ducts in your home, the spread of contaminants and dust buildup can trigger asthma attacks, allergy attacks, and other health problems.
Benefits of Air Duct Cleaning and Well-Maintained Air Ducts
- Increased Home Comfort: Clean and well-maintained air ducts ensure clean fresh air is circulating throughout the home.
- Improved Efficiency: Clean and well-maintained air ducts provide steady airflow. This results in improved HVAC system efficiency and lower energy bills.
- Improved Air Quality: Clean and well-maintained air ducts reduce allergies, dust, mold, and other airborne contaminants being spread throughout the home. This improves the air quality in the home, which can lead to better overall health.
- Reduced Maintenance Costs: By keeping the air ducts clean and well-maintained, homeowners can reduce the need for expensive duct repair and maintenance costs.
- Cost Savings: Clean and well-maintained air ducts can be cost-effective in the long run, as they ensure that HVAC systems run more efficiently. Therefore, they use less energy and save on energy costs.
Signs You Need Air Duct Cleaning Services
Many Palm Springs homeowners realize how important it is to keep their HVAC systems well maintained, but many people ignore the ducts that carry the air throughout the house. While your system may be in proper working order, you may still be breathing dirty air because you’ve ignored your ducts. Here are the most common signs that you need duct cleaning:
We all know how detrimental dust is to our breathing, but mold is worse. Mold exacerbates allergies and increases respiratory problems, and it can quickly spread through your home if you don’t nip it in the bud ASAP. If anyone in the home has breathing problems, call an air duct cleaning company to find out if you have contaminated air and mold building up in your ductwork.
Do you find that your home is constantly dusty no matter how much you clean it? If you notice that you have significant dust buildup on your flat surfaces shortly after you’ve dusted, it could be that you have dirty air ducts.
Rodent or Pest Infestation
It’s not uncommon for rodents like mice, squirrels, and insects to make their home in your ductwork. When you have pests like this, you also have the droppings they leave behind, and that’s the last thing you want festering in your home’s ductwork.
Rising Energy Bills
A spike in your energy bills can be caused by a number of issues, but one many people don’t think about is their ducts. When homeowners ignore air duct cleaning, the ducts can become so caked with dirt and debris that air can’t flow as freely as it should, which puts stress on your HVAC system, leading to higher energy costs.
To ensure that you get the cleanest air ducts possible, it’s best to call a professional air duct cleaning company like KC’s 23 ½ Hour Plumbing & Air Conditioning.
Air Duct Installation In Palm Springs
If you’re like most people, you don’t give much thought to your home’s air duct system. It’s one of those things that’s definitely out of sight, out of mind, especially with the busy lives we all lead. However, although your ductwork is made from metal, it can go bad and require replacing.
Consider that ducts move from thermal stress and vibration. Heating during the winter causes the ductwork to expand, while cooling causes them to contract. This stress can weaken the joints and seams causing them to pull apart, which leads to leaks.
Also, consider that not all ductwork was installed by experienced professionals. Sometimes contractors cut corners or failed to do their due diligence, and you have improperly installed ductwork which may break apart sooner than expected.
You may be able to repair some of these issues by calling a professional ductwork company to seal the ducts and shore up any weak joints; but, sometimes, the damage is extensive enough that replacement is the better option.
If you’ve owned your home for 15 years or more and never had your ducts inspected, now is the time to call and schedule an appointment.
KC’s 23 ½ Hour Plumbing & Air Conditioning is available for 24/7 heating repair at no extra charge for after hours service.
Why Choose KC’s 23 ½ Hour Plumbing & Air Conditioning?
When searching for air duct cleaning companies in the Coachella Valley, you have many options to choose from. However, not all of them offer the same level of service or the same commitment to their customers.
At KC’s 23 ½ Hour Plumbing & Air Conditioning, we have over 30 years of experience in every aspect of HVAC repair, which includes ductwork cleaning and replacement. We’re a locally owned company that lives in the same community as you. Because of that, we understand how crucial it is to our business to treat every customer and their home with respect. We provide a 100% satisfaction guarantee and offer industry-leading warranties so you have peace of mind knowing that you’re getting a repair that you’re happy with and that will last.
Experience the difference hiring local makes. Call KC’s 23 ½ Hour Plumbing & Air Conditioning at 760-327-8718 to schedule an appointment.