Since 1980, KC’s 23 ½ Hour Plumbing & Air Conditioning has provided full-service plumbing solutions to residents in Coachella Valley and beyond. Whether it’s clogged toilet repair or toilet replacement, you can count on our expert plumbing technicians to provide work that you’ll be satisfied with 100% — we guarantee it!
If your water heater can’t keep up with your hot water demands, contact us and ask about our water heater services.
What Leads to Needing Clogged Toilet Repair?
The toilet is one of the most-used fixtures in your house, so when it clogs, it can bring your family to a standstill. Knowing why toilets clog is the best way to prevent it from happening, so here are the most common reasons why toilets clog.
Low Water Flow
Many older homes still use first-generation low-flow toilets, which, while good for saving water, are insufficient for removing waste. These old low-flow toilets lack the pressure to clear away waste, which often leads to clogs effectively. If you have an older low flow model, you don’t have to replace it immediately; simply be mindful of how much waste you flush and consider multiple flushes during usage.
Flushing Non-Flushable Items
Toilets are designed for flushing toilet paper and human waste, and that’s it. So, if you routinely flush things like personal wipes (please don’t), cotton balls, or paper towels, you will likely wind up with clogs.
If you’ve ever looked closely at your toilet, you’ve probably noticed an s-shaped trap between the drain line and the bowl, which is designed to keep the drain from clogging, but can itself become clogged if you use too much toilet paper.
If you use some common sense about the stuff you flush down the toilet, you can avoid most clogs. However, when you need clogged toilet repair, you can trust the pros at KC’s 23 ½ Hour Plumbing & Air Conditioning to do the job right.
5 Signs You Need Toilet Replacement
You and your family rely on your toilet day and night, but if you’re like most Palm Springs homeowners, you don’t give this fixture a second thought until it fails to flush or overflows. However, your toilet is like every other fixture in your home in that it has a finite lifespan. Most toilets operate for years without incident, but eventually, yours will require replacing. Here are the five most common signs that signal a new toilet is in your future.
- Cracked Tank: If you notice water puddling around the toilet, it could be more than a leak — you could have a crack or cracks in your tank. If the tank is cracked, it can’t be repaired, and you’ll have to spring for are replacement.
- Age: Even if your toilet still works well enough, if it’s a model from 20 or 30 years ago, it’s time to consider replacing it. Older toilets aren’t as efficient as newer models, which means you’re using more water per flush, which means more money you’re spending on water bills. Today’s low-flow toilets have enough power to get rid of waste, but only need 1.6 gallons per flush or less.
- The Toilet Wobbles: It’s not normal for your toilet to wobble or rock, so if yours is unsteady, call a plumber as soon as possible so they can figure out why. It could be that the bolts on the floor need tightening or it could mean the floor itself is rotting.
- Frequent Repairs: If you find that you’re calling a plumber more often to fix your toilet, consider a sign that it’s time to spring for a new, more reliable model.
- Your Toilet Has a Round Bowl: Wait, what? A round bowl? Yep. While there’s nothing inherently wrong with a round toilet bowl, the fact is that elongated models are more comfortable to sit on and are easier to clean. If you’re one of those who relish their bathroom time, comfort is definitely worth the upgrade!
To find out if your old toilet is ready for the scrap heap, call the bathroom experts at KC’s 23 ½ Hour Plumbing & Air Conditioning for a consultation.
Our Expert Toilet Installation Service
Dealing with a clogged toilet is no picnic, especially when you consider what life is like without one. So, when you’re desperate for a new toilet, it’s important to have a reliable plumbing contractor you can count on to do the job right the first time and guarantee your satisfaction.
At KC’s 23 ½ Hour Plumbing & Air Conditioning, you can depend on our near four decades worth of experience in solving Palm Springs residents’ plumbing problems no matter how severe.
If your toilet leaks or constantly clogs, don’t throw money away trying to fix it. Contact the experts at KC’s 23 ½ Hour Plumbing & Air Conditioning and let us assess your family’s needs and recommend the best system for you.