No matter what kind of property you own, the quality of the water that runs through it is critical. Even if your water is technically safe to drink, the chemicals and minerals that it contains can still cause long-term problems.
For homeowners, these additional substances can do extensive damage to your plumbing, appliances, and even your body. For commercial properties and businesses that rely on their water supply for production, the wrong chemical composition can harm efficiency, crop yields, and production capacity.
Thankfully, KC’s 23 ½ Hour Plumbing provides trusted water purification systems and water filtration installation in Palm Springs, Palm Desert, Indio, Cathedral City, and all surrounding areas. We care about you and your property and look forward to bringing the cleanest possible water to you.
Water Filtration and Water Purification: What’s the Difference?
To many, the terms filtration and purification might seem like the same thing. In fact, they refer to slightly different processes with slightly different aims.
At its simplest, water purification is about making water safe to drink. Filtration, on the other hand, is about making the water quality better.
Water filtration generally uses one or a series of filters to remove chlorine, organic matter, and inorganic matter from the water and some elements that might make humans ill. You can find out more about our water filtration services here
Purification should be done whenever filtering out disinfectants like chlorine. After the water has been filtered, purification kills biofilm and water-born bacteria—so that the water is safe and of a higher quality to consume. As a bonus, it tastes better too!
Do I Need a Water Purification System?
Since you’re unlikely to get immediately sick from non-purified water, it can be sometimes difficult to tell without testing the water. However, there are some other signs that the plumbing in your home or business could benefit from using HydroFlow technology. These include:
The taste – While you may not be able to discern the individual elements in your water, it’s often quite easy to tell when it tastes “off.” If your water has a noticeable smell or taste, it’s due to biofilm and bacteria build up.
- Visible scaling – Scaling is a side effect of the minerals in hard water, which leaves a telltale white residue when the water evaporates. Water hardness in Palm Springs can be a problem, and you’ll often notice this residue around faucets, shower heads, on cookware, and as flakes in electric kettles. It’s a sure sign that your water needs softening.
- Reduced water flow – As scale builds up, it restricts the volume of water that can flow through pipes, faucets, and shower heads. If your flow or water pressure has dropped noticeably over time, and without hard water treatment, the problem will continue to get worse.
- Frequent maintenance – Corrosion and scaling don’t just damage pipes throughout your property. They also place a large strain on any appliances that use the same water, including water heaters, washing machines, dishwashers, irrigation systems, and many kinds of industrial machinery. If these appliances are failing frequently or require maintenance more often than they should, then your water supply is probably the culprit.
- Long-term health problems – Although the source of long-term problems can be difficult to determine, there’s no doubt that your mineral intake plays a large role in your physical health. It’s always worth investigating your water source as a potential source of damage.
Proud Master HydroFlow Dealer
HydroFlow offers a unique and highly efficient alternative to water softener systems, improving water quality and helping to protect water appliances and systems, including:
- Steam boilers
- Dewatering equipment
- Cooling towers
- Home and industrial plumbing systems
- And more
With our experienced plumbers and this trusted technology, we can effectively remove scale build-up, bacteria, and biofilm from your water.
How Does HydroFLOW Work?
One of the problems with many water purification systems is that, with chemicals such as chlorine removed from the water, the water is susceptible to new bacteria and algae growth after it enters the system.
HydroFlow water treatment uses a different approach to purification, however, which both conditions the water and prevents biofouling by bacteria. Attaching to regular piping, it transmits an otherwise harmless supersonic frequency through the water. Without the use of chemicals or any added other material, the biofilm (algae and bacteria) and scale (calcium from hard water) are both removed from the surface of the pipes and prevented from reattaching.
This approach is completely safe, incredibly energy-efficient, and much more eco-friendly than any other water treatment systems available on the market today.
Who Can Benefit from Water Purification?
KC’s 23 ½ Hour Plumbing proudly provides HydroFLOW solutions for property owners across Palm Springs and the entire Coachella Valley. Everyone can benefit from the right water purifier, including:
- Industrial – Pipe corrosion, scale, and harmful bacteria all have a huge impact on the efficiency of industrial plants. HydroFLOW delivers an innovative way to improve production capacity, reduce maintenance costs, and extend the life of critical machinery, all while minimizing energy costs and your environmental impact.
- Commercial – This technology can help commercial facilities reduce their energy consumption and provide higher quality water for cooking, cleaning, and employee consumption. Our plumbing experts can help your business run more efficiently by also saving water and reducing appliance wear.
- Residential – Scale accumulation is a big problem for homes that reside in hard water areas. HydroFLOW water treatment can help to increase the value of your property, lower your monthly bills, make your plumbing and water heater last longer, and it benefits the planet.
- Agricultural – Food processing plants struggle with energy efficiency, but our Palm Springs plumbers can provide a system-wide, eco-friendly solution that can increase water quality and crop yield while limiting chemical usage and water usage.
The Hydropath technology used in these water treatment systems has helped provide instant, environmentally friendly solutions across the United States and around the world, and our skilled plumbers are ready to install and repair this system right on your property.
No matter where you are in the Coachella Valley, KC’s 23½ Hour Plumbing is ready to help keep your water as pure as it can be. To get a free estimate and start saving with our water purification systems, contact us online or call (760) 327-8718 today!