Is your bathroom cramped with outdated fixtures? Does it look like it belongs in the 1970s? Are you tired of fixing drains that clog no matter what you do? If you answered yes to any of those questions, there’s a good chance it’s time to consider bathroom renovation.
At KC’s 23 ½ Hour Plumbing & Air Conditioning, we realize that the bathroom is one of the most-used places in the house, so having a bathroom that looks and functions great means a happier and healthier family.
Resist the temptation to do your bathroom renovation yourself and let our professionals handle it. We’ll ensure all your plumbing is perfect, and we guarantee our work 100%.
Don’t let a clogged toilet stop your family in its tracks; contact us for expert clogged toilet repair.
Things to Consider Before Bathroom Renovation
If you have an older house, you’re probably using the bathroom that came with it as-is, and you think that it’s time to update it. However, before you start ordering fixtures, consider these tips before you begin.
Make Your Bathroom More Accessible
Even if you’re a young family, you should plan on making your bathroom accessible for your grandparents or yourself once you get older. Before you buy a tub or shower, plan on adding permanent grab bars and wall studs before you begin because it’s better to have these conveniences and not need them than to need them and not have them.
Consider Making Niches for Toiletries
Few things make a bathroom feel cheaper than those clunky over-the-shower toiletry caddies that get gunked up with soap and eventually corrode. Instead, ditch the shower caddy and plan on making a recessed space in your shower for items like shampoo and soap.
Beef Up Your Wiring
If you have an older home, then chances are you have 15 amp wiring in the bathroom, which isn’t enough for hairdryers and other electric devices. So, when planning on remodeling your bathroom, don’t just throw in some GFCI outlets and call it a day; replace the wiring with dedicated 20- amp circuits and consider adding more outlets to accommodate all of your appliances.
Improve Your Lighting
Too many people rely solely on the overhead light in the bathroom, which doesn’t give off enough light for applying makeup or shaving. To help you look your best every morning, consider adding lighting fixtures around your vanity if you can. If you don’t have room, then plan on placing a fixture above the mirror.
Once you’re ready to remodel your bathroom, call the bathroom renovation experts at KC’s 23 ½ Hour Plumbing & Air Conditioning to help you design the most convenient and best-looking bathroom to compliment your home.
When to Consider a New Bathtub Installation
If you’re like many Palm Springs homeowners, then your bathtub isn’t just a place to wash; it’s an oasis to help you relax after a stressful day. Because bathing is therapeutic for your body and your mind, it won’t do you any good if your tub is in bad shape. So, if you rely on your tub to unwind and clear your head, look at your bathtub now and see if it exhibits any of the following signs that indicate it may be time to upgrade.
Mold & Mildew
Once mold and mildew get a foothold in your house, it’s a challenge to get rid of. So, if you’re losing the battle with mold and mildew in and around your tub, maybe it’s time to surrender and splurge for a new bathtub.
If a bathtub develops leaks, you risk water damage and mold growth in your bathroom. Also, bathtub leaks are difficult to repair, and it’s often more economical for you to buy a new tub instead of fixing your old one. Remember, if a leak goes untreated, it will only get worse, so once you notice it, plan on replacing your tub sooner rather than later.
You can do your best to clean stains in the tub, but as is often the case, it’s a challenge to remove them completely and restore your tub to like-new condition. Stains not only look terrible and can be embarrassing when entertaining guests, but they can also carry bacteria and germs, which makes relaxing in the tub nearly impossible.
Another thing to ponder is if your bathtub is comfortable to sit in for long. If you use your tube for relaxing, the last thing you want is for cramps to set in as soon as you’re starting to chill out. If you have to scrunch up to fit in your tub or if you have difficulty getting in and out, it’s probably time to upgrade to a more comfortable model.
For more tips on replacing your bathtub, contact one of our bathroom renovation experts at KC’s 23 ½ Hour Plumbing & Air Conditioning for a consultation.
Our tankless water heater service may be the right choice if you’re constantly running out of hot water.
Shower Installation and Maintenance Services
No matter where you are in the Coachella Valley, we’re ready to give you the shower you’ve always wanted. We provide a complete range of shower services to homes in Palm Springs, Palm Desert, Indio, Cathedral City, and all surrounding areas. These services include:
- Whole system shower installation – If you want to build your ideal shower from the ground up, we’re ready to help you every step of the way. With our expertise and honest guidance, we can take care of everything from design to installation and deliver the best shower renovation solution for you and your bathroom.
- Bathtub/shower conversions – Converting from a tub to a shower—or vice versa—can be a cost-effective way to maximize space and accessibility in your bathroom. This is an excellent option if you’re working with a specific budget or needs, and we’d be happy to guide you through the process.
- Shower head repair and maintenance – If you’re generally happy with your shower but have problems with flow or leaks, it’s always worth investigating the shower head itself. Our expert technicians can quickly diagnose and repair problems with the shower head and get your shower working properly again for less than the cost of a new shower head installation.
- Fixture replacement – Replacing shower fixtures is a great idea if you want to refresh a tired bathroom but don’t need to replace the plumbing. We stock a wide array of faucets, shower heads, handles, mixers, and more—including water-saving options—and can easily upgrade your fixtures so your shower looks and works better than ever before.
- Shower plumbing installation and replacement – On the other hand, old plumbing can also cause many underlying problems with your shower. We can replace old corroded pipes and shower pipe fittings to make even an old shower work as good as new.
- New shower and tub enclosures – Whether you’ve got stubborn leaks or it’s just looking outdated, a new enclosure (or even just installing a shower door) for your shower can make a huge difference to the feel and function of your bathroom. It’s also an opportunity to give your shower more space, too.
- Shower drain installation and maintenance – It’s no good having the perfect shower head if the water doesn’t drain properly. We can diagnose and fix problems with your current drainpipes, as well as perform linear drain installation, which is an attractive upgrade for modern bathrooms. We pride ourselves on our professional and reliable approach to each and every one of our jobs, big or small. Whatever type of shower service you need from us, we promise total respect for you and your property and guaranteed satisfaction with all of our work.
Why Choose Us for Your Bathroom Renovation
We know that when you’re shopping around for bathroom remodeling contractors, there are plenty in the Coachella Valley to choose from; however, we’ve become the area’s go-to plumber for a reason — we deliver high-quality work and guarantee your satisfaction 100%, but that’s the tip of the iceberg.
First, unlike other plumbing contractors, we listen to you because your input matters. We believe in collaborating with our customers instead of dictating to them. We work together to develop the best plan to fit your budget, ensuring you get work you’re 100% satisfied with.
The second advantage to working with us is that we respect your home and time. Our team knows how valuable your time is, which is why they make every effort to keep disruptions to a minimum.
Lastly, KC’s 23 ½ Hour Plumbing & Air Conditioning has served the homeowners of Coachella Valley for nearly four decades. We’ve provided top-rated service to residents in Palm Springs, Cathedral City, and beyond during that time. Because of our long time in business, we have the expertise to know how to craft the ideal bathroom for you that fits your lifestyle as well as your budget.